Remember, the goal isn't to wear the tackiest stuff and give yourself away. No, no. It's to make others take a second glance and honestly believe they're judging your actual wardrobe.
And every native Floridian knows you must amuse yourself to tolerate the insanity that is tourist season.
After visiting Orlando more times than I can count growing up, my love and I decided to carry on a tradition of dressing up as 'tacky tourists' while visiting EPCOT.
Here's a quick run down of what we threw together for an exponentially fun filled day at the happiest place on earth.
1. Fanny pack - preferably the cheapest leather you can get your hands on. The more it resembles a Crowne Vic taxi cab's back right seat, the better.
2. Vintage camera with neck strap - don't go too over the top with a modern DSLR or too vintage with something like a Polaroid. That's a dead giveaway you're playing a fool.
the goal isn't to wear the tackiest stuff and give yourself away. No, no. It's to make others take a second glance and honestly believe they're judging your actual wardrobe.
3. Thrift store Micky tee - spend 10mins at any Goodwill across America and you'll find the perfect one, trust me. If you are in San Francisco headed to Disneyland, hit up Afterlife. We scored #4 there.
4. Shorts that used to be boxers - we happen to find matching Micky Mouse boxer shorts. Numerous strangers came up to us with stories about owning the exact pair/design back in the late 80s as workout shorts. Score.
5. Semi-obnoxious tube socks - mine were left over from a Halloween costume last year and worked just fine. Mid-shin is a subtle but powerfully tacky height. I suggest patriotic colors as this will allow you to layer on any accent you desire when people ask 'where are you from?'
6. Comfortable shoes - don't get crazy here. Seriously, wear the most comfortable athletic shoes you own for the heavy walking and without a doubt they'll already be awfully tacky. It's a fact.
7. Mix in quality time with family - we sure did! It also doesn't hurt to push the stroller every now and then, even if it's not your baby! Believe me, people will notice and you will find yourself on a stranger's Instagram with #relationshipgoals as the caption.